Discovery 1# Lianne La Havas


The first (musical) discovery I'm going to talk about is a recent one: she's an amazing singer, songwriter and multi-instrumentalist. I got to know her thanks to a youtube channel called La Blogothèque and she blew my mind immediately: 





'She's like a walking poem' - this comment, no doubt, describes her the best. Lianne Charlotte Barnes, known professsionally as Lianne La Havas, born in London in August 1989, her career in 2010. After being a backing vocalist for Paloma Faith, she got the opportunity to sign to Warner Bros. Records, but spent two years developping her songwriting skills before realising any music publicly. Her debut studio album Is your Love Big Enough? (2012) earned the iTunes award for Album of The Year.




What I loved the most about her is her deep, rich, soulful voice with an amazing vibrato, her inexplicable purity and... her look! Not only is she beautiful, but also she wears colorful clothes that seem to reflect her personality. I hope I'll get to attend her concert one day.



Comments

Popular Posts