Discovery#5: Procrastinaton can cause depression and self-hatred

Actually, I could also entitle this post as ,,everybody is a procrastinator". You don't agree? Will, neither did I. I'm joking - I totally agree. I'm a MASSIVE procrastinator. You can just tell so by verifying when following posts appeared on the blog (;)). A couple of days ago, when browsing the Internet and reading some random useless content, I bumbed into an extremely interesting (and hilarious at the same time!) TED talk. Here it is: 



So, whereas all through the first part of the speech I've found myself laughing out loud at Tim Urban's stories, during the second I was surprised by his conclusions about two types of procrastination: the one with deadlines and the second one - without them. While the first type is largely talked about in terms of homeworks, theses, etc., the second one concerns things that are more 'private', like ending an unhealthy relationship, starting one, chasing one's dreams, changing a job, etc. And, surprisingly, procrastinating those things may be the most harmful for our mental health. Well, for me it was a life-changing speech. Thank you, Tim!

Comments

Popular Posts